Pittcon Conference & Expo
Our mission is to sponsor and sustain educational and charitable activities for the advancement and benefit of scientific endeavor.
Pittcon is the world’s largest annual premier conference and exposition on laboratory science. It is organized by The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, a Pennsylvania not-for-profit educational corporation which is comprised of the Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh (SSP) and the Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh (SACP).
Pittcon attracts more than 17,000 attendees from industry, academia and government from 90 countries worldwide and is managed by a committee of volunteers and a 11-person staff. Proceeds from Pittcon fund science education and outreach at all levels, kindergarten through adult.
Pittcon donates more than a million dollars a year to provide financial and administrative support for various science outreach activities including science equipment grants, research grants, scholarships and internships for students, awards to teachers and professors, and grants to public science centers, libraries and museums.
1 A showcase for scientific innovations in laboratory equipment, technology, and supplies:
- Includes more than 930 exhibiting companies worldwide
- Provides the opportunity to speak with technical staff to resolve problems
- Allows you to evaluate the latest instrumentation, compare vendors, and participate in product demonstrations
2Unique Networking Opportunities:
- Interact with world-renown scientists
- Attend Conferee Networking Sessions to discuss topics of mutual interest
- Meet with colleagues at complimentary mixers, poster sessions, and other social events
- Build skills by attending Short Courses and technical presentations
- Discover the latest techniques and advances by attending any of the more than 2,200 technical sessions
- Learn from leading scientists presenting Invited Symposia, Contributed Sessions, Workshops, Awards, and the Plenary Lecture and Capstone Lecture
- View hundreds of career postings for seasoned professionals or recent entries into the job market
- Schedule onsite interviews
- Visit the Employer and Career Information Centers
After 64 years, Pittcon continues to evolve! We are returning to our roots in the Northeast and holding Pittcon 2013 in Philadelphia, PA.
My Pittcon experience began in 1990 – our first year in New York City. I was overwhelmed by the size of the conference and the excitement of a new city. This year in Philadelphia we are going back to all the excitement and flavor that I experienced in New York.
Our diversified technical and educational programs are a vast source of information for professionals in all scientific fields including biosciences, environmental chemistry, and food safety. Pittcon’s exposition continues to be a first class experience for those investigating the latest technical advancements to support their scientific research or quality control operations. Our attendee mix, including representatives from 31 countries, fosters networking opportunities and information exchange unparalleled in the industry.
Philadelphia is easily accessible by train, air or highway – join us for a day or the entire week. On our website, www.pittcon.org, you’ll find tools for planning your trip, managing your time at the conference and staying in touch with the attendees.
The timing is perfect for Pittcon 2013, the conference that powers innovation and technology, to be held in Philadelphia! Join us March 17 – 21, 2013.
Ronald G. Bargiel
President Pittcon 2013